WESTWOOD COMMUNITY CHEST INFORMATION SHEET
Who We Are:
Westwood Community Chest (WCC) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to helping Westwood residents in need through temporary financial assistance. The organization is run by a volunteer board and works with several town organizations to ensure that our community members get the help they need. WCC receives funds from private donors, businesses and town organizations and distributes them to help families in need through a confidential application process.
How We Help:
Westwood Community Chest helps individuals and families facing financial difficulties, by awarding funds towards basic needs such as medical expenses, utility payments and housing payments. WCC also awards camperships, which are scholarships to summer camp for school-aged kids. Camperships provide wonderful opportunities for physical, social and emotional growth to Westwood children whose families could not otherwise afford summer programs. All funds are distributed directly to the company or camp, not the individual applicant. Through our community resource liaisons, additional resources may be made available to those in need.
Who We Help:
Here are just a few examples of people we have helped:
· Single parents in need of safe summer activities for their children through our Campership program.
· Elderly people with tight budgets and rising utility bills.
· Children who need school supplies or medical treatment.
· Families who have experienced job loss or other financial crisis and are struggling to make ends meet.
I Need Help:
If you would like to apply for assistance, please download and complete a WCC application for financial assistance and/or a WCC Application for Campership Award and send it to
Westwood Community Chest, P.O. Box 250, Westwood, MA 02090
Application Packets may also be obtained at the following locations:
· Westwood Fire Station: 637 High St. - phone: 781.326.3885
· Westwood Police Station: 590 High St. - phone: 781.326.1903
· Westwood Post Office: 697 High St. - phone: 781.461.2571
· Westwood Public Libraries: 668 High St. - phone: 781.326.7562, 270 Washington St. - phone: 781.326.5914
· Westwood Recreation Department: 240 Nahatan St. - phone: 781.461.0070
· Westwood Senior Center: 60 Nahatan St. - phone: 781.329.8799
· Westwood Town Hall: 580 High St. - phone: 781.326.3964
· Westwood Youth and Family Services: - 288 Washington St. - phone: 781.320.1006
The Awarding Process is confidential.
I Would Like to Help:
It is through the generous support of individuals and town-based organizations that we are able to fulfill our mission of “neighbors helping neighbors.” Your generous donation can be sent directly to: Westwood Community Chest, P.O. Box 250, Westwood, MA 02090, or donate online: